The Dalewood Boland™ is a semi-hard cheese with a hard rind made in the style of a Port Salut – a cheese that was originally produced in the mid 1800’s in France by Trappist monks for consumption at the monastery. It has a relatively mild flavour; savoury and slightly sweet. It’s a cheese that has universal appeal with its smooth, velvety texture. Boland is a perfect partner for fruit and enhances any cheese board, but great to just eat on its own! It will always be a limited edition cheese, part of Dalewood’s Signature cheese range.
CATEGORY / SIGNATURE WASHED RIND
- 2017 Winner Woolworths Cheese Makers Challenge
- 2017 SA Dairy Champion
- 2014 Gold Medal, World Jersey Cheese Awards
- 2014 Bronze Medal, World Cheese Awards
- 2014 SLOW FOOD CAPE TOWN CONVIVIUM : ARTISANAL CHEESE CITATION. AWARDED TO ROBERT VISSER “FOR THE EXCELLENCE OF HIS COW’S MILK BOLAND CHEESE AND HIS CREATIVITY AND PIONEERING EFFORTS TO EXTEND THE RANGE OF SOUTH AFRICAN HAND-CRAFTED CHEESES ACCORDING TO THE PRINCIPLES OF THE SLOW FOOD MOVEMENT.”
- 2014 SA DAIRY CHAMPIONSHIPS : 3RD PLACE SEMI HARD CHEESE CATEGORY (MAXIMUM AGE 6 MONTHS)